Monday, July 26, 2010

8,702 Kilometers Apart

Well, it's been five weeks and I have to tell you, being separate from your partner is not the best way to spend the time after you get married! But it's all good: there's a purpose for everything and we believe that even though this time apart will be tough -- and believe me, it HAS been tough --, it will also allow us to rethink and reinforce our commitment and our appreciation for one another.

So, we've been busy in our own ways. Annika has gone back to work, gone sunbathing, and met with old friends; I have had a chance to give closure to many loose ends and to spend some time with family since I won't get to see them too often.


... just making lemonade out of the lemons dealt to us, you know...




Now we talk to each other almost everyday (not easy since she lives seven hours into the future!) -- thank God for videoconferencing technologies! Can you imagine how it was for people not quite a 100 years ago: depending on letters and not hearing news from their loved ones for months at a time?



I have spent some time with my cousins and I even got to uncover a very old picture of mine of my high school years (keep in mind I didn't know better!). By the way, the leftmost picture roughly translates into, "to look at life with a different [set of] eyes."

So, in short, it sucks to be away from my wife, but we're trying to take it easy and find some way to be useful where we're at for however long we have to be apart.

PS Just to make sure you guys got it: I was coming out of the 80's and I truly didn't know better!

No comments:

Post a Comment